Cooking with Coconut Products
Hints & tips for your own tasty treats,
We have compiled a few of our favourite recipes using our range of coconut products available at the online store.
There are lots of facts that support the use of this decident flavoured oil for cooking… but bottom line is… is, it is tasty and good for you.. what more do you need to know?
Some quick tips
- Generally in the Summer it is a liquid gold & in Winter it is a little more solid [which melts straight away when heat is added].
- As a primary cooking oil in most dishes, like currys and stirfrys. When usedon roast vegetables (sweet potato and cauliflower are particularly amazing), you can detect a faint coconut flavour, depending on which brand you use. Yum!
- You can swap it for melted butter in recipes. Just make sure your other ingredients are at room temperature, so the oil doesnt become solid again.
- Use it on your toast instead of butter.
- Add it to your hot drinks like hot water and lemon in the morning. It also goes nicely with green tea.
- Add it to your smoothies or blended drinks (if you put it straight into a cold drink, it will harden up, so make sure you are whizzing it).
- You can use it for salad dressings and mayonnaise, but as it will harden, its best mixed with some organic, virgin, cold pressed olive oil.
- Coconut oil hardens in the fridge making it perfect for desserts and chocolate making!
- Pour it over your morning porridge or muesli